Internet Mobile Access
- you can access the internet whenever and wherever you are
- no fixed network connection needed
- no contacts with other internet service providers
Depending on the technology used, the connection to the internet can be made in two ways: 3G+ / 3G / EDGE / GPRS or CSD (Circuit Switched Data).
The 3G+ / 3G / EDGE / GPRS connection is an IP (Internet Protocol) connection type with access via corresponding APN (Access Point Name).
The authentication is made automatically and there is no need for additional settings.
The CSD connection is a Dial-up type connection made by dialling the short number 545.
There is no need for additional settings.
The authentication is "user name"/"password" type:
- User name: "Internet"
- Password: "Orange"
The transfer speed for the data packages is different for the two transfer ways (from the mobile phone to the network and from the network to the mobile phone) and depends both on the phone's features and on the radio conditions at the connection location.
- APN (Access Point Name): "internet"
- number call: *99# or *99***1# (depending on the telephone type)
- proxy server: 172.22.7.20
- port: 80
- user name: blank
- password: blank
- modem initialization commands:
The internet connection allows various web sites bowsing, files transfer (FTP download), the terminal type (Telnet) connecting, email transfer (POP3, SMTP).
For example, when meeting with a fiend, you can present your web site and you can browse the internet, wherever you are.
The Internet Mobile Access service is charged differently depending on the connecting technology (3G+ / 3G / EDGE / GPRS / CSD).
Connecting over the 3G+ / 3G / EDGE / GPRS technology:
- charging is made per traffic volume
- charging unit: KB (Kilo Byte)
- 1 KB = 1024 Bytes
- 1 MB = 1024 KB
- 1 Byte = 8 bits
- while you are abroad, the GPRS Roaming tariffs apply
Connecting over the CSD technology:
- charging is made for connection time
- charging unit: the first minute is indivisible while the following minutes are charged per second
- while you are abroad, the same tariffs valid for the voice calls made in roaming apply
The Internet Mobile Access service is available with the following packages:
- CSD technology: Fax&Data and Mobile Internet Dial-up, at the corresponding charging plans
- 3G+ / 3G / EDGE / GPRS technology: mobile Internet access, at the corresponding charging plans
Find out more about mobile data services available while roaming »
how do I get it
The data packages including this service are available in Orange shops and at Orange partners.
If you need further information call 408 (no charge) using your Orange mobile phone or email to email@example.com.